Home School Communication
The Secret Garden
Good communication, from The Secret Garden to home and from home to school, is vital and ensures that pupils benefit as much as possible from their time with us.
Staff and Governors at The Secret Garden are determined to achieve communication between the school, its pupils and their Parents and Carers.
An important step is to ensure that there are lots of diverse ways of home/school communication and that these ways work and suit everyone.
Communication can be
– an agreement, this places responsibilities on everyone. It sets out what parents/carers and pupils can expect from the school and what the school expects in return.
– if your child would like a home-school diary, for you and the class teacher to pass on messages, then we will give them a home-school book and guarantee it is used.
– your child will receive an annual report and you will have the opportunity to discuss this with the class teacher and the Principal.
– every child with an EHCP has an annual review, involving the class teacher and the Principal, and perhaps others from outside agencies. You will be invited to this review and are strongly encouraged to attend.
– your opportunity to come to the school, meet the teachers and discuss your child’s progress. It is a time to share all the good work your child has achieved.
– general news from the school about events and useful information, produced every half term
– if anything urgent crops up during the day, we’ll call you. And if there’s anything that you think we need to know about, please call us!
– register your mobile phone with us. We’ll text you when we need to with up-to-date news.
Postcards – if your child has done well at school we will send positive post card messages home.
– from the Summer BBQ to a drama event, school events are a great way to meet staff and other parents and to learn more about what goes on at school, as well as celebrate your child’s achievements
– from time to time, we may ask you to complete a questionnaire seeking your view about things the school does or is considering doing. We’d be grateful if you would find time to complete the form and send it back.
If you feel that your experience of communicating with the school isn’t as good as you would wish, please contact the Principal.